There is so much of the world that I have left to explore and see. I am already contemplating my next trip!!
1. The Great Pyramid of Giza: The Egyptian pyramids are one of the most widely known ancient structures in existence. They were built to match the geographic directions of the compass, which is pretty amazing to think what ancient man could so. I have always been fascinated by Egyptian culture, which lands these pyramids on the top of my bucket list.
2. The Taj Mahal: The Taj Mahal is a huge mausoleum that was built in the 1600s. It was built by a Mughal emperor in memory of this third wife. The large white dome is a renowned landmark, however its ornate decorations are what make it truly breathtaking.
3. Easter Island: Easter Island is home to many 13-foot tall statues that line the island. Not much is known about why or who created them. The mystery that surrounds these statues makes Easter Island third on my bucket list.
4. The Great Wall of China: The Great Wall is the first structure ever constructed by man to be visible from space. It is just over 5,000 miles long, and it is amazing to think about how much human labor went into the construction.
5. Sagrada Familia: This large Roman Catholic Church in Barcelona, Spain was designed by architect Antoni Gaudi. Although incompete, te church is a UNESCO World heritage Site and was consecrated by Pope benedict XVI. It’s anticipated completion date is 2026, the centenary of Gaudi’s death.